Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's a beautiful day. . .

No one likes to see a tattered flag flying in the wind.

So this weekend, when I was at Goodwill (where I finally found the absolute perfect desk which I'll blog about another day) I uncovered an awesome American flag crumpled among the linens. It wasn't printed, like most flags I get, but stitched, red fabric to white fabric to blue fabric, with white stars embroidered on it. Plus, it was HUMONGOUS - 6 ft. by 4 ft., bigger than any flag I'd ever flung before. And! it was just $5! Score!

I waited until Tuesday at noon to raise it.

I feel like I got my country back.

2 comments:

aSprinkling said...

How sad that it was crumpled! I'm glad you rescued it and gave it the honor it deserves.

Jenny said...

Awesome!!! Tuesday was absolutely amazing!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...