Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thrift Thursday - Linens and Drink-things

Last Friday I found an unexpected package on my doorstep. It was from my friend Annette. Thank you Annette! You're awesome. Check out this cute linen piece she sent me:

I always feel bad for Thursday's child, full of woe. Poor thing. But what an awesome linen! I'm not sure what I want to turn it into yet - a bag? pillows? little dolls? I'll have to think about this for a while. Here's another linen she sent:

Ha! So 70s.

Also in the box was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle bedsheet (I'm thinking they'll become boys pajamas), and a shirt made from this material:

which I'm thinking I'll turn into a sundress for McKenna. Also in the box was a big bag of buttons (with two quarters! free money!) and this mug:

Which Erik finds disturbing and won't be drinking coffee out of any time soon.

Speaking of drink-things, here's a glass I found at the thrift store yesterday, it makes me happy. . .

. . . as does the liquid that's in it.

3 comments:

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Those are awesome linens! I think the Women's Lib one is so cute but the gnomes are my favorite.

Nice glass...I hope you enjoyed your drink :)

Unknown said...

What a great package! Love that tea towel to bits!

Mel Makes Pretty said...

I love all the things you got but find it hillarious your other half finds the mug disturbing.... actually sounds like my hubby, they just don't get it sometimes eh?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...