Sunday, March 22, 2009

8 Days Around L.A. (with kids): Day 2 - Huntington Gardens

Happy Spring from from Huntington!

(That's Huntington Botanical Gardens in Pasadena, not Huntington, West Virginia where I spent my freshman year at Marshall University. They're both pretty green though.)

Here's some statues we saw:

You can see the tour we took in my Flickr album. I'll give you the condensed version here.

First, we got there around 2:00 and paid $46 (yeesh) to get in.

Then we followed a path. . .

. . . and ended up at a fountain. . .

and saw some fish.

Then we went to a children's garden.

And the kids got soggy. Then we got lost in here:

And regrouped and went to the Chinese Garden.

Where we saw stuff like this:

and this:
and this:
Then we found a bamboo forest.

And a tree like this:

and a whole bunch of cacti.

Then it was time to go. We drove through Pasadena:

and searched for a restaurant. We stopped at this one:

It was the best dinner I've had in a long time. Lobster potstickers, blackened Tiger Prawns with cashews and mango sauce, chocolate souffle' and coffee. Mmmm. The staff was awesome too. I highly recommend it.

Then we went home.


the end.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Amazing! I've been meaning to go to the Huntington Gardens.

Is it possible to put pictures on fabric? Because I think that flower picture needs to be a real life quilt.

KB said...

If you use Flickr, you can make your own patchworked pictures (and other cool stuff) using this site: http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/. That's how I did it. If you're feeling really crafty you could get some printer fabric and print it out and turn it into something like a bag, a pillow, an applique, etc.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...