Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thrift Thursday: Vintage Stationary

I love finding vintage stationary at thrift stores and estate sales.  Somewhere, hidden in a drawer for 20-30 years, these papers stayed blank and never sent.  Thankfully, at least they were preserved, and when I happen to find them still bold and bright and crisp and blank and often for less than a dollar, I have to get them. Kokoleo customers might recognize some of these prints that I've used for the hand-written thank you notes I include in my packages.

I'm drawn to the kitchier patterns, like day-glow daisies and patchwork,


 butterflies and cartoon animals,


scalloped edges and fancy borders,


 and unique invitations (Evite be damned!),


or anything offbeat. These notepads reminded me of R. Crumb cartoons:


I tried to write a thank you on one once but it just came across as angry and yelling, so I didn't send it.


And since I don't want to end this blog post with screaming  and finger-pointing, I'll leave you with these sweet little girls...

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love vintage stationary. I have a whole stash myself. Sometimes I even bring myself to using it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...